Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome

I was homeschooled all my life. Even when I got to college, I still held the mentality that learning takes places anywhere, anytime. I was never one to settle for being inside the box. Boy, I never liked the idea of sitting still for hours on end. I was not crazy about college, but I will admit that some of the classes made it worthwhile.

This blog exists because I felt that there needed to be more information about homeschooling available. With so many complaining about the schools today, why not look at alternatives to tossing more money at something that is overwhelmingly messed up? Sure, I know of some good schools (my cousin went to a nice high school and did very well there), but how many children are hurt by the bad ones? How many teachers are overburdened by an uncaring system and parents who view school as a babysitter of sorts?

But this is not about ranting. This is to provide good resources and to suggest ways to make homeschooling work for you. Please ask me questions. I would love to tackle them.

No comments: